Skip to content

February 6, 2008

Where in the Bible does it say Jesus was God in human form?

by Dave Malnes

“I tell you the truth,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!” (John 8:58) Jesus is affirming that he was God in flesh. He is the great “I AM” – the Eternal One who revealed Himself to Moses in the burning bush (Exodus 3:14)

“A man who was merely a man and said the sort of thing Jesus said wouldn’t be a great moral teacher. He’d either be a lunatic – on a level with the man who says he’s a poached egg – or else he’d be the Devil of Hell. You must make your choice. Either this man was, and is, the Son of God: or else a madman or something worse. You can shut Him up for a fool, you can spit at Him and kill Him as a demon; or you can fall at His feet and call Him Lord and God. But don’t let us come with any patronizing nonsense about His being a great human teacher. He hasn’t left that open to us.  He didn’t intend to.”  (C.S. Lewis, The Case for Christianity)

Hiking in New Zealand

Hiking in New Zealand

If you were given a small slice of cheese from a large block (the taste being constant throughout the whole block), and you spit out the cheese saying you hate the taste, than you reject the whole block. Jesus was God manifest in human form. If the Jews rejected Him, they rejected the Father also – he who is of God hears God’s words. John later stated, “No one who denies the Son has the Father; whoever acknowledged the Son has the Father also.”  (1 John 2:23)

“I and the Father are one.”   (John 10:30)

(Ray Comfort)

Praise-and-Proclaim_RedGreyVert

8 Comments Post a comment
  1. Jul 16 2008

Interesting. I just wrote about this myself today from John 10:30. Well said. Bryan

2. Jan 22 2010

I love that C.S. Lewis quote, although it is from Mere Christianity, not The Case for Christianity. C.S. Lewis is my all-time favorite Christian author. You have pointed to some of the best evidence in Scripture for the incarnation, though there is other evidence as well. Perhaps I will write my own blog entry on this topic!

By the way, just added you to my blogroll on my blog at lindakruschke.wordpress.com. I’ll be back to read more of your thoughts.

• merganzerman
      Jan 26 2010

Hi Linda:

Thanks for visiting the blog site. I appreciated your comments. I agree that trust is the huge and probably one of the biggest sticking points to receive Christ. And right now, we live in a culture where trust is very difficult to do. Everybody has been hurt to some degree. And when you have been hurt — physically, emotionally, psychologically — trust becomes very difficult. Just like forgiveness! I am thankful we have a perfect God who is 100% trustworthy.

3. Apr 22 2011

Jesus is the SON OF GOD that is what I read and that is true. Why would GOD transform himself into a human that would not be an acceptable ransom to pay for Adam’s Sin. GOD needed another perfect perfect human, so who else but the number one creation transformed into a perfect human. Yep thats the answer.

• shamsul siahaan
      Aug 1 2012

I am just wondering. If God came to the world in the form of human Jesus to redeem the original sins of Adam, why did it take God so long to make that kind of decision? Generations of human beings (millions and millions of them) before the coming of Jesus did not have the chance to be redeemed of the original sins and were doomed to be in hell forever. Does the bible say anything about their redemption of the original sins? What about those who have not heard at all about Jesus? Will they be redeemed of the original sins?

4. Preston
    Oct 12 2011

I believe that in the end when we all stand before God, Jesus Christ will be at His right hand.

5. Jan 21 2014

Thanks for visiting my blog. I hope you will continue to find articles of interest.

6. Feb 6 2014